TWALKITOUT: Nobody likes the persistent belt of fat around the belly. But it’s the first place that fat starts accumulating. Although there is no way to suddenly reduce fat from any part of the body, as it goes away gradually, but targeted exercise does the trick. Let’s talk about Exercises to lose belly fat.
Most people involved in weight loss believe that it’s all about the calories. If you burn calories more than you take in, you lose weight. If you take in more calories than you can burn, the body gains fat. While this piece of logic may make sense, it is only partly true. What burns calories nonstop is actually the lean muscle mass underneath body fat that allows more intake of calories without weight gain.
5 Exercises to lose belly fat::
- Rope Skipping is one of the best exercises that directly hit that flab on your belly. 200-300 skips a day with intermittent breaks can show you results in a week.
- Running is one of the best and simplest way to lose the belly fat. Starting with 1-2 kilometers, you can go on discovering your limits. Just take care not to over-do0 or stress yourself and attract injuries.
- Vertical Leg Crunch. Performing this exercise is similar to doing a leg crunch except that the legs are straight up, forcing the abs to work and adding intensity to the routine. To do this, lie on the floor with the legs straight up, knees crossed, and place the hands beneath the head for support. Contract abs lifting the shoulders off the floor and keep legs in a fixed position to crunch. Do 1 to 3 sets with 12 to 16 repetitions.
- The Bicycle Exercise – best for targeting the six pack muscles and the obliques. To do this exercise, get into a supine position with hands at the back of your head. Bring knees to the chest while lifting shoulders off the floor. Slowly bring your right elbow towards your left knee as you straighten your right leg. Switch sides and continue in a pedaling motion. Do 1 to 3 sets with 12 to 16 repetitions.
- Swimming is one of the best exercises to tone your body and lose fat proportionately from all over your body. It even increases the flexibility and gives you a complete body work-out.
The best way is to stick to a healthy diet along with targeted exercise. Avoiding junk food, having a healthy breakfast, minimizing alcohol consumption and sticking to fresh food are the basic ingredients of a healthy lifestyle.