TWALKITOUT: The travel and tourism industry is flourishing in India and the numbers vouch for it very well. Contributing more than 6% to the GDP of our country with direct, indirect and induced impacts, travel and tourism leaves even mining and automotive industries behind in the annual reports of cash flow and revenue. We have not only seen a growth in direct impact media in travel and tourism but with the help of penetrating internet, segments like online booking, listings, reviews and recommendations are also gaining traction. 2 weeks back, Google revealed its survey on trend related to online bookings and agreed to the fact that online bookings have soared to tremendous numbers.
With availability of bookings, one would need to consult or get the listings verified or at least tested and reviewed. Here comes TripOrTrap.com to you rescue.Travel reviews discussions and ratings to plan your travel could caution you before getting trapped in a junk hotel. TripOrTrap.com is an online travel information website which assists travelers on Destinations to choose, places to visit, tips for convenience via blogs, travelogues, forum & discussion Boards and providing platform to post Hotel reviews and opinions related to their travel experience. They work broadly on the concept of consulting before shelling out big bundles on a trip, which may land you up in a trap.
TripOrTrap.com was founded on 3rd March, 2013 by its founder Neeraj Bhatia, who worked as a banker for almost seven years. Being a fond traveler, Neeraj felt the need of a dedicated portal to review the destinations on the basis of tourist’s experience and hence came up with TripOrTrap.
TripOrTrap tends to provide an on-line platform for the readers and reviewer’s to co-habitat and rank & review any Destination, location or property with a fair and honest way. Revenue model seems to be concentrating on the niche market as they expand to Hotel owners to manage and promote their pages. About the overall experience, Neeraj added,” Travel Reviews Space is very niche segment and totally unexplored in Indian Market and there were the sites only digging the hotel booking area but neglecting overall traveling experience of Indian traveler who recently have started exploring this vast land of our country. Sites who are in this business are like information jungle without any clear UI and also has not kept any change into set up and design from its foreign counterparts. So, we planned to start a hotel and destination review website with the aim to save travelers from the traps/wrong doings and wrong commitment made by middlemen for selling any hotel room with many promises.”
TripOrTrap summarizes their USP as a whole in following points: This Website will act as a tool to help all the strata involved through three different ways.
1. The growth of platforms like this is helpful for the readers so as to plan the trip with helpful resources and in advance detailing barring the haphazard decision or trip planning based on instincts or intuition.
2. It is helpful for the Property owners as they can get the honest reviews fulfilling the true meaning of hospitality and feedback without any prejudice or malice towards anyone.
3. This is also beneficial for the overall growing tourism industry. More the people will interact more it will cause revenue for the Industry and also will help this Service Industry reliable, efficient and of International Standards.
The idea of creating such a service is likely to gain traction and hold its ground. The main concern lies in motivating one to actually leave a review for ones to come and read. Maintaining the genuineness of reviews would be a task as well. TripOrTrap certainly fills up a gap in the industry and looks promising.
Latest posts by Anuj Sharma (see all)
- Google Released Scraper Report Form to Help Original Content Writers - February 28, 2014
- 5th Business Today-YES BANK SME Survey & Awards 2013, A fair Chance of Recognition to SMEs - February 27, 2014
- Emotional Networking Website startup from IIM Alumni could be the next big thing!! - February 26, 2014