Founder of venture blog GigaOm, Om Malik steps down at GigaOm as contributing writer and will become a partner with True Ventures.
“I am looking forward to the next generation of writers and leaders to help Gigaom continue and improve on what we did together. I will still write occasionally for Gigaom and will be at all our events,” he said of the move in an email to Tech Crunch.
Om Malk wrote in details in a blog couple of hours ago about how the developments have taken place in points:
- We have raised $8 million in new funds from Shea Ventures (which led the current round) and our existing investors, True Ventures, Alloy Ventures and Reed Elsevier Ventures.
- I am joining True Ventures as a partner, and therefore hanging up my reporter’s notebook.
- I will no longer be a day-to-day employee at Gigaom, but will spend most of my time in a supporting role as a board member, occasional columnist and a regular fixture at our events.
GigaOm founded in 2006 by Om Malik has been a center of breaking news on ventures, start ups, buzz around cloud computing and paid research. GigaOm focused on events and Om Malik had simplicity to cover events and stay up round the clock not to miss anything breaking.
He will also headline Gigaom events and write the occasional column. He will remain on Gigaom’s board.and has been a long time “venture partner” at True, where he plans to join in as a partner.
He’s been a personal inspiration to myself and many in the blogosphere. Om Malik is a true living legend in the world of venture journalism specifically in the digital age.
Latest posts by Anuj Sharma (see all)
- STOP Accepting Candies for Loose Money! It’s a Scam Bigger than You can Imagine!! - May 31, 2017
- How NASSCOM 10,000 Startups Program Changes the way you STARTUP - February 12, 2017
- DIY Flowerpot from Plastic Waste Bottle! Water Once in 2 months! - November 22, 2016