Content Scraping in the name of content curation has caught the web and confused Google for a long time now. We often see the scrapping sites ranking well above in the search results for the content they scrape form the sites that originate the content and fall behind, sometimes to the 3rd to 4th page as well. Matt Cutt’s announcement comes with a sign of relief.
To help original content writers, Google released Scraper Report form today, helping original content writers to report the better ranking scrapping websites for their content without filing a DMCA.
To use this form, webmasters can submit scraper sites that have copied their original content by providing Google with the source URL, where the content was taken from, and the URL of the scraper site where the content is being republished and the keywords where the scraper site was ranking on.How to use Google Scraper Report Form?
Related Article: Google After Fake YouTube Video Views: What should You do!
If you spot a scrapping website ranking well for your original content, all you need to do is report it to Google using this Scraper Report Form.You need the following information handy:
1) URL on your site where the content was taken from.
2) The exact URL on the scraper site.
3) Google search result URL that demonstrates the problem: This means the URL of the search result page when you encountered the scrapping site ranking better than yours
.4) This is the last step where you need to confirm that your site follows Google Webmaster Guidelines and is not affected by manual actionsWebmaster Guidelines are located at https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769
There are many possibilities to which Google could put this data to use. Sometimes the scrapping website proves out to be using the content in more insightful manner providing better information, but with an increase in the websites scrapping information just to create a cumulative database or fetch content in order to generate content for ad programs create a mess.Google could also put this data to design the algorithmic editors to pickup least indexed sites that are real source to valuable info.
Latest posts by Anuj Sharma (see all)
- STOP Accepting Candies for Loose Money! It’s a Scam Bigger than You can Imagine!! - May 31, 2017
- How NASSCOM 10,000 Startups Program Changes the way you STARTUP - February 12, 2017
- DIY Flowerpot from Plastic Waste Bottle! Water Once in 2 months! - November 22, 2016